ochspeed

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

self-control

or lack thereof:

time: 2:08:48
av: 17.5
dst: 37.57
the victory brew pub ride. Lots of guys from bean's. Other dudes who just look fast. Did this ride two weeks ago, and blew up going up the hill to northbrook. Tonight decided just sit-in, sit tight, and let the pack pull you along. No shame in learning the tactics. Well, at the top of the hill, one guy goes off, and while feeling good, I exert the self-control to sit-in. Then Reuther goes off, again I sit-in. Then four others go off. Heck, we're at the top of the hill and there's four of them. I got four pulls before I've got to really exert. When my turn comes around, I pull too long. Then as the others and the chase group go by I can't hang on the back. I seem to do this everytime I peel off when we're really moving. I misjudge how long its going to take me to get back up to speed. Once that gap forms that you can't, you might as well kiss that pack good-bye. embarrassing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home