ochspeed

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Where'd That Come From?

Victory ride tonight. Missus got home from work late, so I was rushing just to meet the group at the usual spot, as soon as I crested the hill at the usual spot, there they were. Close one. Got in and worked up to the front. Felt antsy tonight. Also felt really good. But noone else seemed interested in getting things going. At each pull, I'd try to notch it up a bit. Finally, I said enough and went off the front. One other guy came with. Halfway up to Northbrook, I found myself wondering why I do this. Start out too hard on a ride where I have trouble finishing with the group. I reminded myself to ride within myself, but that was still fast enough to stay away. Kind of. About 3/4 of the way up to Northbrook, two guys caught and attacked me and my fellow escapee. We didn't respond. At Northbrook, two more bridged up and the four of us worked to pull in the new leaders. Caught them right before 82. Another chase group came up with another five or so, and we worked together for the rest of the ride, with only two falling off the pace. It felt awesome to finish with the lead group. Maybe all the riding is paying off. Or maybe it was actually getting a decent night's sleep.

dst: 32.89 miles
time: 1.42.14
av: 19.2 mph (21.1 to Downingtown -- moderate solo work back to WC)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home