ochspeed

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Victory Ride -- Validation

Victory ride again. Just as last Tues, no one seemed very interested in mixing it up just before Northbrook and the hill leading up to it. So again, I found myself going off the front. Found myself asking "what am I doing?" again -- b/c although I didn't mention it last week since the pace seemed high enough and one of the bean's guys was there, I wasn't sure that my form was improving b/c several of the heavy hitters from bean's (including Reuther) weren't there, and that, perhaps, my ability to attack and finish with the lead group last week was a bit of fluke. But back to tonight, I managed to stay away until about 90% up the hill to Northbrook, at which point, the well-oiled bean machine pulled me in and kept going. Digging deep, I was able to jump on and stay with the group along with two others who'd joined them to create a six-man paceline (with one 'anchor'). Stayed together until Stargazers at which point the bean machine and one other dropped me and break-away partner from last week. We hung tough, and were able to keep them in sight, finished maybe 30 seconds back. Easy ride back to WC with Reuther, other Bob, and Scott.

dst: 37.31 miles
av: 17.2 mph (19.5 into D-town)
time: 2.09.41

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home