ochspeed

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Victory Ride again -- 8/17/2004

Didn't ride over this past weekend. Travelled to Ohio for family reunion. 11 hours driving Friday. 12 hours driving Sunday.

Tonight's ride was fast from the start. No need to worry about picking a fight on the way up the big hill. The Bean machine had a couple or more escape and well-organized but unmotivated group of 12 or so provided chase. I was in that chase, and just couldn't seem to get folks motivated to chase them down. They slowed down and 'let' us capture them down at the Brandywine. My new nemesis in Stargazer's. I can be right on Dr. Smooth's wheel at the relatively shallow climb leading up to it, and then we turn that corner, the road goes up, and I go backwards -- well, relative to RR and others. I have to remind myself that a few weeks ago I couldn't hang with the weakest riders in the group and now I'm able to hang with the top 5 or so. Stargazer's will eventually be defeated.

SG and RR and other Bob like to take it very easy back to WC from Dtown. It's almost too slow. We were at 20+ mph down into Dtown, and then by the time I get home we're down to ~17. I feel with my other obligations, I need to work a bit harder when I do get out. Maybe I'll start riding back solo.

dst: 37.4 miles
av: ~17 mph
time: 2.12.26

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home